Hi Friend! Let it all burn is a paranormal fictional women book by DENISE GROVER SWANK
It, not every day we read a story about a 40 something single mother of three, recently divorced is a plot that breaks the common stereotypical female character that is writing in books cause it speaks about motherhood, female empowerment, and family while representing mom guilt, navigating relationships, finding your voice, working through self-esteem and growing.
BOOK DETAILS Released: February 18 2020
SYNOPSIS Darcie Weatherby has a full plate—a preteen and sixteen-year-old twins, a wayward grandmother, a nightmare boss, and a manipulative ex-husband. The last thing she needs is hot flashes. Especially ones that start fires. But like most single mothers, Darcie sucks it up and deals with it, because what else can she do? The kids need to be fed, her grandmother needs supervising, and her demanding boss needs placating. Burning her boss’s house down was a total accident. Honest. It doesn’t take long before Darcie realizes she’s running on borrowed time. Unless she figures out a way to get these hot flashes under control, there’s a very good chance she’ll spontaneously combust at the Founder’s Day Masquerade Ball and leave her children motherless. There’s no way in hell—or Perry’s Fall, Ohio—Darcie will let that happen. Never underestimate the determination of a mother. Especially a smokin’ hot one.
A story about a woman who’s hot flashes start fires (pretty cool right!), but it can be dangerous! this book is more than just a funny story; It’s about a mother’s strength and love for her children after her husband left her and recognizing the strength in herself and it is entertaining giving you a bit of mystery about her family’s history and things are not what they seem and it never looks like the author was making fun of a stereotyped, middle-aged woman.
While Darcie might seem like a pushover with a crappy job, we get to watch her grow into a confident protective mother and woman even though she was dealing with the dreaded ageing process of a woman over 40.
You might have to read 2 or 3 chapters for the plot to really unfolds, towards the third-quarters of the book, the pace, tone of the book change from paranormal comedy with hints of romance to full suspense and thriller at the end.
I love how the story flowed naturally and how the heroine (Darcie) is over 40, the real issues relating to that age, I was happy when the heroine goes through her rebirth and she chooses to stay her age instead of taking on a younger self, Darcie relationship with her children are the best part of the book, It had lovely family interaction with fully fleshed out and complex characters, would love to see more focus on the family and how they are going to deal with Darcie’s transformation and the new kid.
- It not everyday, i read a book title ‘paranormal’ and it not dark and sinister; yet this book was light and comedic especially with the fire incident ( mind me not, do take fire incident seriously).
- The ex-husband is and would always be a jerk and I really hope we get to see his downfall by the time the series is over.
- The beginning of the story where Nikki house caught on fire seem like a plot that did not developed fully.
- I enjoyed how this story centered around Greek mythology and the bad.
- The story was timed quite well, not rushed and with a quite good ending making it appeal to a lot of readers – young and old, single and married, paranormal fan or not.
- Denise’s descriptive imaging had me chuckling to myself throughout the book and am hoping the second book will show us a lot more while keeping those humor.
- Read any book where the character is a 40 something old woman with paranormal abilities that you love to recommend for me?
- Remember your first paranormal book, what was it?
- Let talk on whether this is a book for you or not?